Thursday, June 6, 2013

Entwined With You by Sylvia Day



I'm a speed reader, I read books super fast. This took me for freaking EVER to finish it. It was slow, and repetitive, and boring, and did I mention slooooooow? 

When I first started I really honestly couldn't remember the last book at all, where they left off, and what was happening. I wasn't about to go buy the book again just to see, so I kept on. It took me a long time to realize what they were talking about. The author never came out and said in words, that the stepbrother was murdered. I'd forgotten. It'd been forever, sue me. 

The rest of the book was much of the same.. two effed up people constantly needing to reassure themselves that they have feelings. picking fights, make up sex, blahblah. same stuff different book.

What I miss? the notes, the witty banter between the two of them. What I got now? two desperate idiots who seem too obsessed rather than in love. Obsessed with possessing the other, rather than taking the time to have some balls. For someone who claims to want to make it on their own and be so independent, Eva sure is a slutty dependent whiney brat.  Why can't she just grow a pair, and stand up and say no, to Brett, why is he even a issue.  It was lust, not love between them, really, grow up you idiot.

And Evas father? If *MY* father found out something like that about me, I can bet you 10 million bucks that he wouldn't be satisfied with two dinners and a tearful hug, then goodbye see ya later daddy-o.

In the middle of all the boring same drama, there were characters that popped out of nowhere, that I could care less about. The guy coworker and the no carbs? who is he anyways? and the front desk receptionist whos name I just blanked on, M. and her drama with whatever her mans name was and being sick for three days? obviously shes knocked up. Betcha anything. but since when did Eva decide to care and become friends? and obviously she doesn't care that much, my friend from work misses one day and im text bombing her, and if she doesn't answer, I facebook bomb her, and if she doesn't answer that, she'll find me knocking on her door with some chicken noodle soup. I wouldn't be like oh, I'll call her, then forget about her for the next few chapters because im busy banging some guy in a construction zone.

So, yeah, that's how I feel about all that. I don't even know if I will read number four.

The more I think about the different things in the book that really had me rolling my eyes, the more im just over it. plus all the websites and stuff im seeing are talking about how this is the most brilliant TRILOGY ever.


Now, I may presumptuous in going to the dictionary, but here is what the dictionary had to say about what the definition of TRILOGY is:

tril·o·gy [tril-uh-jee] 
noun, plural tril·o·gies.
1.a series or group of three plays, novels, operas, etc., that, although individually complete, are closely related in theme, sequence, or the like.
2.(in ancient Greek drama) a series of three complete and usually related tragedies performed at the festival of Dionysus and forming a tetralogy with the satyr play.
3.a group of three related things.


I may be the only one thinking as I read the definition..but how did THREE become FIVE? and it's still being shouted all over the place about the brilliant trilogy by Sylvia Day. pshaw. okay. *roll eyes*

No comments:

Post a Comment