Saturday, August 30, 2014

Beyond Coincidence by Jacquie Underdown


**I received this from NetGalley for my honest review**
 
 
4/5 Stars
 
 
Per Goodreads, this is the synopsis of this book:
In 2008, 250 Australian and British soldiers are uncovered in a mass grave in Fromelles, France, lost since the Great War. One soldier, bearing wounds of war so deep it scarred his soul, cannot be laid to rest just yet.

When Lucy bumps into the achingly sad soldier during a trip to France, she doesn’t, at first glance, realise what he is – a ghost who desperately needs her help. Lucy can’t turn away from someone who needs her, even someone non-corporeal, and they travel back together to Australia in search of answers and, hopefully, some peace.

This chance meeting and unexplainable relationship sets into motion a chain-reaction of delicate coincidences that affect the intertwined lives of family, friends, and lovers in unexpected, beautiful ways.
 
I absolutely loved this book.  I laughed, I cried, I got disgusted, mad, hopeful, all sorts of feelings and emotions while reading it, and it was really hard to put down.
 
The book was a mixture of romance, and paranormal, with a touch of history in it.  Beautifully written, I've never been overseas around the places that were written about, or heard of the battles that were discussed, but I can almost imagine being there, and seeing the things, and the idea of the restaurant that was talked about in this book is absolutely amazing.  You walk with the main character as she meets Freddy, a ghost from the past, as she tracks down relatives and tries to help him find an ending to his story. 
 
I loved the ending, how everything wraps up and together, and even the title matches the ending, how nothing in life is a coincidence, and all things happen for a reason, a philosophy that I do believe.  This one, was a great book.

No comments:

Post a Comment