Saturday, August 30, 2014

Bridge of Hope by Lisa J. Hobman




**I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review**
 
4/5 Stars
 
 
 
I have a confession.  When I requested this book from NetGalley, I was completely new, no books approved, no feedback left yet.  So I was requesting everything in sight.  I didn't read the notice that stated this book is a companion to Bridge Over the Atlantic by the same author.  So I was leary to read this at first, but after putting it off and putting it off, I figured I'd have a go of it, and see what happens.
 
I am so glad I did.
 
This book, was so cool, it was awesome.  I'm not altogether sure of where it takes place.  Overseas somewhere?  or Canada? not sure, anyways, probably a small town, in a pub overseas.  The main character reminds me of a mountain man type guy.  Plus he was Scottish.  His dialect throughout the book, at first was hard to swallow, but then it became part of his charm. 
 
I fell hard for this man.  I hate the term book boyfriend, but he's my boyfriend.  He makes me want to get a plane ticket and fly somewhere and go to a pub and wait for him to show up and sing to me.  He was charming in a ditzy clueless man way, he had the voice of an angel, and he was tortured, and he cried! because he lost his ex girlfriend, he had a sensitive side.  I just loved him.  and her, and them together.  it was just a charming book, and the humor in it, this book had me laughing several times at him putting his foot in his mouth, he was so very good at it.
 
There wasn't much of a "conflict" so to speak, this book is basically about two people who have lost someone they love, and their shared grief, and finding each other and their friendship and love growing out of their grief.  I'm a jaded reader and I kept expecting something to happen, an ex to come back to life, or some blowout and some drama, but with this book, there was none of that, and I can't tell you how refreshing that was.  This book is a plain and simple no frills, no drama romance.

On the plus side, in case anyone cares, you can read this book as a standalone.  I'm thinking book one is in her point of view?? I don't even know.  I just know that I loved this book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment