Sunday, August 24, 2014

BoB Day 7- The Challenge

Bout of Books



Day 7- The Challenge


Today's challenge was hosted by Falling Down the Book Hole.  Here are the rules: 

It is 11:00 PM on a Sunday night. You are laying in bed thinking about all of the things you must do the next day. Tasks of the coming days consume your thoughts and while your mind is somewhere else you are caught off guard by a flash in the sky that is followed by a large wailing screech that pierces the air and shatters your bedroom window. Slowly you move to the window and what you see catches your breathe and causes you to stumble back a few steps. The aliens (at least you think they are aliens) have began to enter the city and destroy everything that is in their path. Through the window your view is consumed with destruction, screaming people and large flames that are dancing across the city at a fast pace. You notice that the creatures are heading in your direction and you realize you probably have about fifteen minutes before they reach your home. That means you have only about ten minutes to gather your belongings and escape before you are caught in the attack from the aliens invading the city.
Given the short amount of time you are only able to take 5 books with you. What books would you pick to take with you as you escape and prepare for the end of the world. Would you choose books that would help you survive in the post-apocalyptic world ,books for pleasure that would make you happy and take you to a fantasy reality or books that you can’t live without?


My five books are actually easy to pick out, I have some of them on a stand above my dvd case, in a seperate bookshelf of their own
1) Dawn by VC Andrews- I pick this book, because it has been my all time favorite book for I don't even know how long, probably since I was 12-13.  It's one of the only books I can honestly say I have reread it multiple times and I never get tired of it.
2) The Outsider by Barbara Delinsky- I read this book years and years and years ago, it's one of those short harlequin novels that used to come out every month (they still do don't they? I never see them anymore) I have no idea why it became my favorite, basically it was about a hot male alien from outerspace LOL.  but occasionally ill pick it up to reread it, and even to this day it tickles me silly to read it, I just love it.
3) Swan Song By Robert McCammon- I read this book a few times years ago, it was a long read, but thrilling in every since of the word.  I was hooked on it, it takes a while for me to read, but after I'm done I usually can't start another book for a while, because of the awesomeness of what I just read.  Plus it is a end of the world book, similiar to my scenario above.
4) Kristy's Great Idea by Ann M Martin- Ok, so I picked this one because of nostalgia.  The Baby-sitters Club books were my whole childhood, when I have a memory of my childhood, usually it has a BSC book in my hand along with it.  I would need this book to look back on innocent times as I'm dying at the end of the world.
5)  When All Hell Breaks Loose by Cody Lundin- because its what a book based solely on what happens when all hell breaks loose, and how to survive.  I haven't read it, but I need to have it ON hand, so that when all hell breaks loose ill know how to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment