Friday, August 29, 2014

Once More With Feeling by Megan Crane

 
 
**I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review**
4/5 Stars

I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning, 230am on a weeknight when I have to be up at 6.  Today dragged, but it was hard to put down. 

Hubby cheats on her with her sister, her sister doesn't care, her family is basically on the surface of things..on the sisters side, hubby goes into a coma, main character is all, I have to find myself! and reunites with BFF she basically ditched for a guy way back when, and former flame, both of which she totally forgot about until seeing a picture in the closet.  and off she goes while hubby is a coma to find herself, meanwhile he wakes up and doesn't remember cheating on her.  Does she take this second chance for her hubby? or does she move on?  I just had to know.

There are some parts of this book I didn't like.  I didn't like the denial the main character was in, I didn't like the sister, I didn't like the wishy washy "He's mine and you can't see him!" from the main character even though he pretty much ruined her life.  I didn't like the fact that the character basically forgot the bff and bf in the past.  I didn't like a lot of it, but I did like the fact that I had to keep on reading to find out what she was going to do.

I wanted with all my heart for her to move on, forget everyone, the ex flame, the hubby, the sister, the parents, the bff, forget it all and go on a travelling trip around the world and show the reader how she finds herself.  I kept screaming for her to just freaking be a independent woman already!   I didn't get what I wanted.  Instead I got reunions, I really enjoyed her reunions, and self awareness of her self absorption.

While I didn't care for a lot of it, I can't deny that the book held me in its grasp, I stayed up way to late because I had to know..JUST HAD TO!  I wish it went beyond the ending too, find out what happens afterwards, there were a lot of open endings, no resolving of family problems, ex problems, or anything.  It was pretty well written, and makes you feel some of the anger and emotions of the character and what she was feeling.  Overall it was a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment