Monday, September 8, 2014

New Point by Olivia Luck

 
**I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review**
 
4/5 Stars
 
Synopsis per Goodreads:
Imagine the worst day of your life. Immerse yourself in the details. How did you feel? Who were you with? What were the consequences?
Recalling my darkest day is as simple as typing a few search terms into a web browser. It only took thirty minutes for me to become the center of a media frenzy that caught the attention of an entire country.
So I hid.
Nine months later and I'm getting better. Moved two hours from home, landed my dream job, and met a delicious new guy.
Healing is that simple, right?

Wrong.

With an intriguing synopsis like that, it's no wonder I requested this book.  It's not a really light read, because there are some heavy emotions and scenes emotion-wise.  Tragedy and almost PTSD symptoms, mixed in with some lighter stuff, this is a contemporary romance, so there were some pretty nice moments like sand messages and dates. 

The characters were likeable and the buildup was pretty good, the main character Zoe was a bit wishy-washy but mostly that was because of her trauma.  Miles, the love interest was sweet, yet manly when he "saw red" however at the ending I was ready to deck him, and I was ready to deck her twice, first time after the "red" and second after Miles when nutso.  I'm not a fan of the see something or do something then freak out and run, when everything can be resolved by a few simple words, but I guess understandable with the plot.

This is first in a series of books, the next book seems to be about Zoes brother and her best friend, so you can read them in a standalone setting, no cliffhangers in this one! *cheer*

I enjoyed the book, read it pretty quickly, and it was easy to follow along with, I recommend it:)




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment