Tuesday, September 9, 2014

UnWritten by Chelsea M. Cameron

 
**I received this book from NetGalley for my honest review**
 
3.5/5 Stars
(3.5 stars but I rounded up to 4 for goodreads)
 
Synopsis per Goodreads:
Children's librarian by day. Romance novelist by night.
British single father.
Someone else is writing this love story...

Blair Walton isn't your average curvaceous tattooed children's librarian. She's also one half of bestselling romance author, Scarlet Rose. Along with her BFF Raine, she spends her nights writing books so steamy, she's afraid they would shock her Southern conservative grandmother to death . . . if she knew about them. That's why she and Raine write in secret.

On deadline for their latest book and out of ideas, Raine suggests (demands) that Blair find a guy and "do some research". Declan Bennet has all the qualifications: He's British, looks fabulous in a suit, has glorious blue eyes and gets bonus points for being an amazing single dad to his adorable son, Drake. But what starts out as a research project quickly turns into something much more. And Blair's not the only one with secrets.


I adored this book, but not for the love/romance stuff.  This book was absolutely hilarious in some parts because of Blair and Raine.  Two BFFs and coauthors of "smut" romance.  I fell in love with the two of them, and actually found myself getting annoyed when Blair went out with Declan, I wanted her to go back and finish bantering with Raine.  I wish this would have been a exclusively BFF type book, I would have loved it even more.

This was a hard read for me, family tragedy in the face of the fact that I just had my grandmother's funeral yesterday and stuff.  I had to skim some of the sad emotional stuff, but Blair/Raine/Declan made up for it, they made the book absolutely worth it.  There were things about this book I wasn't sure of, there were some questions that were left unanswered, the library and the fire, the donation.  The blurb mentions that Blair wasn't the only one with secrets, but whatever a big secret it was, it wasn't as big as I thought it would be.  I didn't really feel that this was a relationship that started off as a research project, it'd be different if Raine and Blaire were at a bar and Raine points out some random guy and he turns out to be the "research" but I guess because it was obvious Declar and Blair were into each other before they started seeing each other made it more of a mutual get together than anything project-like.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment