- If you loved psychology, you could read a psychological thriller
- If you loved home economics, you could read something like Chocolat, or a cook book, or a travel book which talks a lot about food.
- If you loved art, you could read a biography of an artist, or a murder mystery where art plays a big role (yes, I was thinking of something like The Da Vinci Code, but it could be anything like that)
- If your favourite was PE or games or sports or whatever they called it where you are from, you could read a book about a sport or where sport plays a major role.
- If you loved English, you could go back and read something you had to read at school - Catcher in the Rye? Lord of the Flies?
Once you have read your book, write to your partner and explain how this book relates to your subject and tell them why you loved that subject so much. These two things are essential in your letter, but you could also tell them
* what the book was about
* whether you enjoyed it as much as you enjoyed the subject when you studied it.
* how this subject has affected your later life
* whether your love of this subject has affected the kind of thing you read now.