Monday, August 25, 2014

After The Rain by Lilian Darcy







**I was given this book by NetGalley for my honest review**

3/5 Stars

Just wanted to start off by saying that this is the first book by this author I have read, apparently its book 3 or 4 in a series, so it can be read as a stand alone, because I wasn't lost about previous things that happened in prior books, and didn't even realize it was a series until I got on goodreads to write the review.

This book started off slow for me, I didn't like all the characters and the change in point of views, so quick, it took me a while to figure out who was who, and even as the story progressed, I thought that the story of holt and the stepdaughter was a little bit much, it didn't really seem to have anything to do with what the story was about. I thought the story line was a little cheesy, as far as some big mystery as to what happened to her sister, and questions that they supposedly had regarding her character, and flaws. I was a little bit off put by two stories within a book that had nothing to do with much of anything regarding each other. I didn't much understand how the "answer" of what happened to her sister, all the sudden made everything so magically forgiven and forgotten, or why they were so mad in the first place, but that is just me overthinking. The story was cute, for sure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment