Monday, August 18, 2014

The 100


**I got this book from NetGalley for my honest review**

Synapse as per Goodreads:
In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again


The one thing I struggled with, was the constant change of characters, but once I got into the grove I was sucked right in.  But even situated with who was who, I was overwhelmed, there was just too many point of views, and within the point of views, too many flashbacks.  I don't need a flashback with every single change of viewpoint.  But on the other hand of things, the different viewpoints was pretty good in telling the whole picture and different sides of things.  I thought the romance was a bit too much.  Can't you just give it time, she was jumping from Wells, to Bellamy to Wells back to B again, all in the space of a few chapters.  It overpowered the sci-fi side of things, which was WAY more intriguing than teenage romance.

I didn't realize that this was made into a tv show when I requested the book, but now not only do  I want to read more, I'd like to watch the show, if only to get the characters just a bit better and clearer in my head.  I'm trying the second book out to see if it gets any better, plus on the sci-fi scheme of things, I'm intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment